JAGP (The Japanese Association of Greater Philadelphia) is a non-profit organization serving the Japanese community in the Greater Philadelphia region since 1964.
Our mission is: - to promote friendship amongst Japanese residing in the region.
- to provide information and counseling to Japanese newcomers to the region.
- to support and help Japanese students studying in the region.
- to provide continued care to the aged Japanese living alone in the region.
- to hold programs and activities for the purpose of promoting the understanding of Japanese culture as well as American culture.
- to promote exchange between Japanese and American residents through cultural and educational programs. - to provide support to the visiting consular service by Consulate-General of Japan from New York.
2016 Board of Directors Officers (Executive Committee)/Directors Takako Suzuki,Ph.D President (Senior Members Care, Dementia Supporter Training Workshop) Patrick Dailey Vice President (Membership Exchange, Help Line, Japanese Protection Services) Mariko Schon Secretary (New Year's Party Coordinator)
The Board of Directors Keijiroh Yama-guchi Director (Senior Brunch and Bon-Odori) HankHayao Matsuhashi Director (Marketing) Hank Glassman Director (New Year's Party Coodinator) Hiroshi Mike Novak Director (Events/ Sakura Sunday) Miki Inagaki Radack Director (Towa Essay)